Modifications of the SGC Funding Framework
In accordance with an agreement reached by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) and endorsed by the Joint Committee of the Sino-German Center for Research Promotion (SGC) in 2018, the following modifications of the SGC’s funding framework will take effect in 2019.
1. The programme Joint Cooperation Groups will be discontinued at SGC. However, considering that some proposals might already be in the process of preparation, the SGC will continue to accept proposals for “Joint Cooperation Groups” until March 31th, 2019. Any proposal submitted in this programme after this date will not be accepted any more.
2. The SGC intends to launch a call for proposals in January 2019 to support the cooperation and mutual exchange between scientists in China and Germany. The call will include two funding programmes: Mobility and Workshops.
● The Mobility programme is a newly designed three-year programme to fill the slot left by the discontinuation of the “Joint Cooperation Groups”. The implementation period for mobility projects approved within this call will be from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2022.
● The workshops proposed in response to this call can only be held in 2020.
3. Please note that for workshops to be held in 2019, the Sino-German Center will continue to apply the continuous submission model and the guidelines as before. However, considering the time required for processing, such proposals can only be accepted until 30 June 2019.
4. The SGC’s other programmes and their submission / processing mode will remain unchanged.
Contact information for Chinese applicants:
Mr. Zhao Chuang
Mr. Wu Daohua
Contact information for German applicants:
Ms. Anne Münchau
phone: +49 228-885-4802